Why support GAIN Inc?
1) So that you can get to know what’s going on down under
Did you know how many women endure the following conditions?
Gynaecological Cancers 4,500
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 10%
Infertility issues 1 in 6
2) Because educating women about their gynaecological health requires
major improvement & more community input;
improvement so that women are aware of warning signs;
that education is delivered in a meaningful and positive manner;
self examination so that it becomes routine for women (similar to breast cancer); The key is to be aware of any changes, report any kind of change and seek further investigation.
3) Because you may know someone who is affected or has been affected with gynaecological issues, traumas and cancers and you can learn how to support them;
4) Learn what to ask your medical practitioner;
5) GAIN is a not-for profit organisation run by volunteers who dedicate their time to:
Build and bridge the gap between the medical fraternity and the consumers – it does this by forming partnerships and working together to realize common goals of health professionals and consumers alike;
Provide a support network for women who have been afflicted with gynaecological issues, traumas and cancers;
Develop a shared vocabularly – one that holds meaning for both health professionals & health consumers alike. One which accurately describes an issue, invites dialogue & builds confidence & trust;
To get women’s health on the Agenda – raising the profile of gynaecological issues in the community with the help of women’s health advocates both locally and nationally;
Provision of a role model – a lasting change can only occur through a consistent & heart felt example. That example being GAIN Inc. & the establishment of a National Gynaecological Day on 10th September. By encouraging others to celebrate the day.
Political lobbying – working with the Government to set up a preventative programme targeting unplanned pregnancies & sexually transmitted infections, in schools & the wider community.